Creating an UpTogether account is your first step towards joining
the UpTogether Community.
When creating your account, you will need to complete a few important steps in order to fully access the UpTogether Community. This should take about 10 minutes.
1. To begin, log into your UpTogether account. If you have not yet created an account, you can sign up using your email address, phone number, Google account, or Facebook account.
2. When you first log in, you will be asked to fill in some details about yourself including your name and date of birth. You will also be asked for your address in order for UpTogether to link you with cash offers within your area.
3. After your name and address, you will be asked to fill out two security questions in order to protect your account. Your answers to these questions should not be shared with anyone else. You can complete this at a later date, but we ask that you fill out these questions as soon as possible, as it allows us to keep your account secure and provides another way that you can prove your identity if you are locked out of your account.
4. Finally, the last question before you gain access to your account will ask whether or not you would like UpTogether to contact you asking if you would like to share your experiences using the site or your story. This is totally optional, but allows for us to improve the platform and our approach to assist all members and continue our mission.
5.After this, the first thing you will see is the ‘Groups’ section. We encourage members to utilize the platform to create/join a group and build connections on the platform with other users in the area. For more information and help articles related to using the Groups platform, please visit this page.
6. On the top of the page, you can then navigate to the ‘surveys’ page. UpTogether uses your survey responses to influence philanthropy and policymakers to trust and invest directly in families and individuals. It also helps us raise funds to invest in more households across the country. These short surveys on the UpTogether dashboard are updated periodically and completely optional, though your answers may make you eligible for future cash offers. For more information on why we conduct surveys and research, visit this page. For more on these short surveys on the UpTogether platform, click here.
7. As an UpTogether member, you will also have the option to share your financial accounts. Sharing accounts on the platform is also completely optional. For more information on why members share their bank and financial accounts via UpTogether, click here.
8. After following the above steps, you have made yourself available for cash offers in your area. Not all UpTogether members will receive a cash offer, as offers are dependent on whether or not funds are open within your area. To check on available offers, please visit the Offers tab within the Financials Section.
9. Lastly, take a few minutes to explore your new UpTogether Community! From here, revisit the Groups section to form more groups, invite friends to your groups or join groups. If you have any feedback on this process, please send us a note to email@example.com.