The free Cash Card offered by CashApp can be used as the deposit account for your funds.
Important Note: Having a CashApp profile does not mean that you have a Cash Card. You must activate the free Cash Card feature, and have received the physical Cash Card in order to set it as your deposit account. Learn more about CashApp's Cash Card.
CashApp uses Sutton Bank as its financial institution partner.
Have a CashApp, but not the Cash Card?
The Cash Card is a free, customizable debit card that is connected to your CashApp balance. It can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, both online and in stores. To order yours:
- Tap the Cash Card tab on your CashApp home screen.
- Press “Get Free Cash Card.”
- Tap Continue.
- Pick a color.
- Review the Cash Card Details.
Important Note: Cash Card does not currently offer overdraft or credit features, and is not FDIC insured.
Get familiar with any fees associated with the Cash Card and if you agree, scroll down to continue and accept the Cash App Terms of Agreement.
- Enter an address to where your physical Cash Card will be shipped.
- Your physical Cash Card should arrive within two weeks.
- You will get an immediate virtual card number that you can use to shop online, but cannot be used for receiving direct deposits, including COVID-19 funds.
- Once you get and activate your physical Cash Card, you will be able to log into your CashApp account and view your account and routing numbers. This is what you will need in order to set up direct deposits for your funds.
- Once you receive and activate your physical Cash Card, sign in to your CashApp to view your Direct Deposit information.
Important Note: You must be 18 or older to apply for a Cash Card. Cards should arrive within 10 business days. Your Cash Card can be used as soon as you order it, by adding it to Apple Pay, Google Pay, or by using the card details found in the Cash Card tab.
Attention Square customers: Visit the Square Cash App support website if you have any questions or technical issues using the CashApp.
For updates on an already submitted application, please log in to your dashboard using the same log in method you used when you applied, such as your phone number or email.