What is this offer?
UpTogether invests in low-income families who want to work with people in their communities and support one another in accomplishing their goals. We learn from the great things you’re doing and use your successes to change stereotypes about people living with low incomes.
When you join UpTogether, you can create or join an online group. Starting in November, we will be investing $5,100 in 180-200 groups whose members live in San Antonio. The funds will be dispersed over 27 months. Each household represented in the group will receive the $5,100 investment. Funds are available to invest in 1,000 households total.
How do I sign up?
- Go to UpTogether.org click on “join now”
- Create a group.
- Invite others to your group. (You can invite two people. To be eligible for the investment, all members in your group must meet the eligibility requirements.)
- In the Financials section, link your financial accounts.
What are the requirements to be selected to receive this cash offer in San Antonio?
- You must live in the City of San Antonio in zip codes 78207 or 78227.
- You must be willing to link your bank accounts to UpTogether .
- You must create or join an UpTogether group and participate.
- Your group must be comprised of 4-8 people, and the first 180 eligible groups who sign up will receive the investment
How do I know if I am at or below 150% of the federal poverty level?
Using your household size and your annual income, you can examine the chart in this link to determine whether you are at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
How do I form a group?
- Select the ‘Create Group’ option on your UpTogether home page
- Read through the community norms on UpTogether and select 'I will do my part.'
- Fill out the information for your group in the form on the last page.
- Once you create your group, you can invite others to join your group via text message or email. Make sure to give them a heads-up so they will look for - and accept - your invitation.
- Group creators can only invite 2 people to start. Then the people they invite to join should invite others too. If you have more than 2 people you want to start your group with, reach out to them and ask them to invite each other when they join. Each group must have no less than 4 and no more than 8 members.
- Anyone can join. They’ll be prompted to make an UpTogether account when they join your group. However, for your group to be eligible for the current San Antonio cash offer, everyone in your group will have to meet the eligibility requirements.
Does everyone in the group need to meet the cash offer eligibility requirements?
Yes, to be considered for the $5,100 offer members in the group must:
- Have an income at or below 150% of the federal poverty level
- Live in City San Antonio in (zip codes: 78207 or and 78227.
- Be willing to link their bank accounts to UpTogether
- Form, or join, and participate in an UpTogether group
Are there any requirements to form or participate in a group?
To join UpTogether and form or participate in a group, you must be 16 or older and live in the United States.
Why do I have to link my bank accounts?
Linking your bank accounts in UpTogether’s Financials tool is safe, private, and easy. When you link your bank accounts, you anonymously share your financial patterns with UpTogether. Seeing the impacts of the cash in your life helps UpTogether strengthen our case to government and philanthropy that they should trust and invest more in you. Linking your accounts will also make you eligible for more cash investments as they become available.
How are groups going to be selected?
We will select approximately 180 groups - whose members meet the criteria - on a first-come, first-served basis.
How will my group and I be notified that we were selected?
Members in groups who were selected will receive an offer in the platform mid November 2020. They will also be notified about this offer via the contact method they used when signing up (email or text message).
How much money can we access?
A total cash offer of $5,100 distributed over 27 months will be available to about 180 groups (1,000 households) in San Antonio beginning in November of 2020.
How do I receive the money?
It’s up to you! You can receive the cash through a direct deposit right into your bank account. If you don’t have a bank account, we can send you a physical or digital UpTogether Card.
How does this cash offer affect my public benefits?
Since every case is different, we wouldn’t be able to advise you on this. We recommend you reach out to an expert on this subject. We treat this money as a gift.
Do I need a social security number to join UpTogether?
No, you don't need to provide a social security number to join UpTogether.
What if I don’t have anyone to start a group with?
Groups can include friends, extended family members, colleagues, neighbors, or acquaintances. Anyone who wants to join together to support each other with your respective goals would make a great group member! Keep in mind, for this cash offer, all group members must meet the eligibility requirements to receive the funds.