What is this offer?
UpTogether invests in low-income families who want to work with people in their communities and support one another in accomplishing their goals. We learn from the great things you’re doing and use your successes to change stereotypes about people living with low incomes.
When you join UpTogether, you can create or join an online group. Starting in December, we will be investing $3,200 in 94 families who live in zip codes 80910 or 80916 and have school-age children. The funds will be dispersed over 18 months.
How do I sign up?
- Go to UpTogether.org click on “join now” and create a group. Click here for a helpful tutorial
- Then complete all of the smart survey questions in your profile
- Finally, complete this brief verification form and initial survey
Once you have completed the verification process, our support team will review your documents. You will find out if your application has been approved within one week of submission. If approved, you will receive $3200 over 18 months paid out as follows: $177.78 at time of verification; and $167.90 per month for 18 months on the first of each month after verification.
What are the requirements to be selected to receive this offer?
- You must live in Colorado Springs zip codes 80910 or 80916
- You must have school- or college-age children (ages 3-24) living in the household or on a college campus
- You must complete all surveys for the duration of the 18 months.
How do I form a group?
- Select the ‘Create Group’ option on your UpTogether home page
- Read through the community norms on UpTogether and select 'I will do my part.'
- Fill out the information for your group in the form on the last page.
- Once you create your group, you can invite others to join your group via text message or email. Make sure to give them a heads-up so they will look for - and accept - your invitation.
- Group creators can only invite 2 people to start. Then the people they invite to join should invite others too. If you have more than 2 people you want to start your group with, reach out to them and ask them to invite each other when they join. Each group must have no less than 4 and no more than 8 members.
- Anyone can join. They’ll be prompted to make an UpTogether account when they join your group.
Are there any requirements to form or participate in a group?
Yes, all participants in this fund must create or accept an invitation to join a group.
How are families going to be selected?
We will select approximately 94 families who meet the criteria - on a first-come, first-served basis.
How will I know if I will receive the offer?
Families who are selected will receive an offer in the platform within one week of filling out the verification form. They will also be notified about this offer via the contact method they used when signing up (email or text message).
How much money can I access?
A total cash offer of $3,200 distributed over 18 months will be available to 94 families in Colorado Springs beginning in December of 2020.
How do I receive the money?
It’s up to you! The money will be deposited into your UpTogether Personal Fund Account. When you withdraw the money, you have the option of receiving the cash through a direct deposit right into your bank account or a physical or digital UpTogether Card. Click here to see how to withdraw your funds.
How does this cash offer affect my public benefits?
Since every case is different, we wouldn’t be able to advise you on this. We recommend you reach out to an expert on this subject. We treat this money as a gift.
Do I need a social security number to join UpTogether?
No, you don't need to provide a social security number to join UpTogether.
What if I don’t have anyone to start a group with?
Groups can include friends, extended family members, colleagues, neighbors, or acquaintances. Anyone who wants to join together to support each other with your respective goals would make a great group member! Groups can be as small as two!