Don’t want to wait for your card to be mailed to you? Changed your mind on how you want to be paid? UpTogether makes it easy to update and choose a different preferred payment method.
There are currently three preferred payment method options you can choose from. Please carefully read each option in detail before making a decision.
- Direct deposit is an electronic funds transfer into your bank account. Read more about Direct Deposit here.
- Physical UpTogether card is a prepaid card mailed to your home address. These are NOT debit cards and cannot be used to withdraw money at an ATM or to get cash back from in-store purchases. Read more about the physical UpTogether card here.
- Virtual UpTogether cards can be used online only. You cannot use them to make in-person purchases. Read more about the virtual UpTogether cards here
To ensure you receive all future UpTogether funds, all you have to do is update your preferred payment receipt method by taking the steps below. It takes just a few minutes.
1. Log in to UpTogether using the same login method (email or phone magic link, Facebook, Google) you used to apply.
2. On your Dashboard, click on the 'Payment Options' button
3. Locate the account that you would like your UpTogether funds to be deposited in and click the checkbox under 'Preferred Payment Receipt Method' to set your preferred method for automatic payments. You must click the 'Save' button for your preferred payment receipt method to update.
4. If you have selected an UpTogether Physical Card or an UpTogether Virtual card, you will be prompted to review the corresponding FAQs which will provide more information about how the cards can and can not be used before confirming your payment method.
5. An alert saying "Settings Updated" will pop up on the screen; approved payments will now be sent to your preferred payment method automatically.
Payments to your updated preferred payment method will begin after the upcoming payment cycle. For example, if you are expecting a payment on January 1st and you select a new preferred payment method on December 15th (before the payment is due), it is likely that you will receive your January 1st payment via your old preferred payment method and your February 1st payment on your new preferred payment method. Please reach out to a Support Agent if you have any questions.